Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Writing a Web Series

When I started to write this web series were doing, the path looked very daunting. I had to come up with 22 episodes that would follow each other in logical order, not as easy as it sounds. I had been playing around with the idea of a web series about two brothers in the army stuck behind enemy lines for a while but I just didn't know where to go with it.

When my fiancé told me it was time to bring this story to life I finally had the inspiration I needed. I started simple by creating the overlying problem, they get stuck behind enemy lines. But then came the hard part, I had to make a story out of it.

I started by developing the characters and what their relationships with each other would be. Then I started building from there. As I progressed further and further through the episodes I started to see a distinct story line come about without even trying.

This series will prove to be full of struggle, heartache, love, compassion, and action. It will be one nonstop heart wrenching roller coaster ride from beginning to end. It will bring to life for you the reality so many soldiers and family's deal with.

12 episodes done, 10 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment